Hoban is planning for a safe return to on-campus learning this fall.
Our academic mission is more important than ever as students need to be in school for academic, social, spiritual, mental and emotional, physical and nutritional reasons. We are committed to offering a full Hoban experience to our community in as normal a manner as possible. To do this, the first and most fundamental consideration is the safety and well-being of our students, our Holy Cross educators and our families.
Knights Reunite is a framework for a responsible and successful restart and will be our guide in the 2020-21 academic year. Hoban’s plan to reopen aligns with guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Summit County Public Health Department, and the Governor’s office. The plan outlined below has been created to be as comprehensive as possible, though we realize that the plan will not answer every question. We will continue to update the plan, and those updates are indicated to allow for ease of use to our students and parents.
Hoban's learning model will be based on the Ohio Public Health Advisory System
COUNTY LEVEL YELLOW: STUDENTS IN SCHOOL EVERY DAY
- Hoban will take all precautions, and sanitations will be in place.
COUNTY LEVEL ORANGE AND RED: STUDENTS IN HYBRID
- Students will be assigned a group by their last name to rotate through in-person, campus classes and scheduled, live remote classes.
- Students last names A to K
- Students last names L to Z
Download the SeMESTER HYBRID calendar to illustrate the rotation.
COUNTY LEVEL PURPLE: STUDENTS IN REMOTE LEARNING
- All students will participate in scheduled, live remote learning five days a week.
- How will the school community learn of positive cases of COVID-19? (Updated 8.29.2020)
- What will happen to the Senior Lock-In and Mum Day? (Updated 8.24.2020)
- Will we still have a homecoming dance? (Updated 8.24.2020)
- How will Hoban's learning model adjust to the changes in Summit County’s color level? (Added 8.21.2020)
- What updates have been made to events on the school calendar? (Updated 8.17.2020)
- Will multiple cases of COVID-19 close Hoban? (Updated 8.12.2020)
- How will Hoban communicate updates to Knights Reunite? (Added 8.12.2020)
- How will Hoban conduct contact tracing procedures for cases of COVID-19? (Added 8.12.2020)
- Will students be allowed to retrieve items from lockers once class has started? (Updated 8.12.2020)
- Can we choose to change our decision of learning if things change for the worse?
- Are we able to purchase additional Hoban masks?
- Will students have time during class to have a bathroom break or refill a water bottle?
- When will decisions be made regarding the size of the student section for athletic events?
- Will there be additional days added to the school calendar to account for the missed two weeks of instruction?
- Will there be any sort of air conditioning in the building?
- Will there be any work study option?
- When will students receive their class schedules ?
These guidelines match the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and are subject to change. Please check the CDC guidelines for more information, and contact Dr. Emily Ramos with further questions.