The English department develops educated and compassionate men and women who excel in the arts of critical thinking, reading and writing. Hoban graduates are strong communicators who listen attentively, think analytically and present effectively.
The English department guides students to write and speak accurately, convincingly and meaningfully about literature and its connection to the modern-day human experience. Thus, an understanding of self and of others across the globe is broadened.
Students graduate from Hoban as much public speakers as storytellers, as much scholars as compassionate stewards of God’s creation.
of employers say that interpersonal communication skills are most important when it comes to getting hired and being successful in the workplace.
- English 9: Literature Survey
- Honors English 9: Literature Survey
- English 10: American Literature
- Honors English 10: American Literature
- English 11: World Literature
- AP English: Language and Composition
- English 12:–British Literature
- AP English: Literature and Composition
- Newspaper: The Visor
- Yearbook: The Way
- Language Seminar
- Introduction to Public Speaking
Athena Markowski ’19
Athena is the Digital and Social Media intern for the Indianapolis Colts Cheer. She majored in journalism and minored in Italian and International Studies in the College of Arts and Sciences at Ohio State. She was also a published contributor for The Lantern as a student.
Read Athena's first article in The Lantern, published less than a month into her collegiate career.