Knight for a Day
What do I do?
Considering your high school options? Come to Hoban and be a Knight for a Day! Shadow a Hoban student and learn how Hoban is the place where you can be True to You. Spend a day – stay four years!
- Arrive by 7:45 a.m. to the admissions office door #25 from the main parking lot and check in at the Hoban table. A name tag and folder will be provided for you. Admissions staff will be available at check-in and at the end of the day to meet with prospective parents and give tours.
- Please wear casual dress pants and a shirt with a collar, school uniforms are acceptable (no jeans, T-shirts or athletic attire).
- Please bring a notebook and something to write with as well as a book to read. This will be helpful to take visit notes and collect information as well as have something to occupy your time if your host needs to do quiet work in class.
- Lunch will be provided for you and your shadow host.
- The day will conclude at 3 p.m. in the admissions office. Shadows will be given a gift at check-out.
|SEPTEMBER||4, 6, 10, 11, 16, 17, 18, 20||Register HERE.|
|OCTOBER||1, 2, 4, 7, 8, 14, 21, 22, 23, 28, 29, 30|
|NOVEMBER||4, 5, 6, 8, 11, 12, 15, 18, 19, 20, 22|
|DECEMBER||2, 3, 4, 6|
8, 13, 14, 15, 17, 22, 24, 27, 28, 29, 31
Hoban can accommodate up to 20 shadow visitors per day. You may request a guide of the same gender, or the admissions staff can choose one for you. Schedule a shadow day at least one week in advance by contacting the admissions office at 330.849.2149 or register online.
Join us to learn more about our rigorous academic programs, explore cocurricular opportunities and meet current students, faculty, coaches and staff. No reservation required. During Open House, families have the opportunity to tour our campus and see how our teachers spark students’ interest and creativity with engaging lessons, instruction and experiments.
Upcoming Open Houses
|SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 22||1 – 3 p.m.|
|WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 16||6 – 8 p.m.|
There is so much to show and tell you about Hoban, and we love sharing it all. Individual tours are available by appointment anytime of the year. If there are specific areas of school or personnel that you would like to meet, we can arrange those appointments too.
Join us to experience life as a Hoban Knight!
Wednesday, April 29, 2020
9:15 a.m. - 1 p.m.
All seventh-grade students are welcome to attend to learn what Hoban has to offer.
- Spark your curiosity from Hoban’s outstanding, college prep curriculum.
- Connect with teachers and students to feel the Hoban family atmosphere.
- Charge your Hoban spirit at an electric and energized Knights pep assembly.
- Imagine yourself as a student as you explore the building and facilities on guided tours.
Call the Office of admissions at 330.849.2149 if you have any questions.
We look forward to seeing you at the Castle!
Shadow at Hoban! You won't regret it.
As soon as I stepped through the doors of Hoban, I felt at home.
- Rennick Mellon ’21