Fall 2020 Season
The Fall 2020 Season has been underway since the beginning of August with contests for both boys and girls golf, girls tennis, and girls volleyball. Girls and boys soccer had their first matches on Aug. 21. Football will begin their season on Friday, Aug. 28, with a home game, and cross country begins with their first race on Aug. 29.
Hoban Athletics is proud of the student athletes, coaches, athletic staff, school maintenance staff and parents for their hard work, commitment, and support of the Hoban Athletics Responsible Restart policies and procedures. We continue to follow all of the updated guidelines from state and local levels, as well as the sports specific guidelines from the OHSAA, which can be found on each fall team website. THANK YOU to everyone who has been a part of getting us to where we are: Ready for a Fall 2020 Season. Let's Go Knights!
- WEAR A MASK ALWAYS.
- SOCIAL DISTANCE.
- WASH YOUR HANDS.
- DO A DAILY SELF ASSESSMENT AND TEMPERATURE CHECK.
- STAY HOME IF YOU DON'T FEEL WELL.
Online Ticketing and Spectators
The number of spectators permitted at athletic events is limited based on facility size. Learn more about Hoban's athletic ticketing and guidelines for spectators.
Our ability to safely and responsibly return to our summer athletic training activities will directly impact our ability to participate in fall sports. We need everyone's support - coaches, parents and student-athletes - to make this a success.
– Coach Tyrrell, Athletic Director and Football Coach
PEOPLE WITH SYMPTOMS
- In the interest of all, anyone who exhibits symptoms associated with COVID-19 will be immediately dismissed
- Unfortunately, this may include symptoms associated with allergies or other illnesses unrelated to COVID-19
- Immediately isolate and seek medical care
- A physician-signed clearance will be required before an athlete can return if they have been released
- Contact your local health department and follow the guidelines provided
- Anyone who has been diagnosed or knowingly been exposed to COVID-19 must quarantine and cannot attend any scheduled events until they are cleared by a physician
Hoban will maintain a complete record of coaches, players and employees present at each event to include the date, symptom assessment checklist, beginning and ending time of each event, along with names, addresses and phone contact. All of this will be made available upon request to the local health department.