The State of Ohio announced that school athletic facilities are permitted to reopen on May 26. Beginning June 1, Hoban fall sport student-athletes will be permitted to resume training and conditioning under strict guidelines to protect the safety of all student-athletes, coaches, staff and their families. The Athletic Office and school administration have established policies and procedures that put everyone's safety first.
Student-athletes are not required to participate in athletic training during this time. All athletic coaches and staff are required to complete COVID-19 mitigation training. Hoban will maintain a complete record of coaches, student-athletes and employees present at each event to include the date, symptom checklist, beginning and ending time of each event, along with names, addresses and phone contact. All of this will be made available upon request to the local health department.
Our ability to safely and responsibly return to our summer athletic training activities will directly impact our ability to participate in fall sports. We need everyone's support - coaches, parents and student-athletes - to make this a success.
– Coach Tyrrell, Athletic Director and Football Coach
PEOPLE WITH SYMPTOMS
- In the interest of all, anyone who exhibits symptoms associated with COVID-19 will be immediately dismissed
- Unfortunately, this may include symptoms associated with allergies or other illnesses unrelated to COVID-19
- Immediately isolate and seek medical care
- A physician-signed clearance will be required before an athlete can return if they have been released
- Contact your local health department and follow the guidelines provided
- Anyone who has been diagnosed or knowingly been exposed to COVID-19 must quarantine and cannot attend any scheduled events until they are cleared by a physician