CLASS OF 2021
You've made it to your final semester at Hoban. This year has been anything but typical – for our educators, families and, most especially, for you. While it hasn't been a typical year, you have led the school in so many successes. Your time, accomplishments and contributions at Hoban will be celebrated!
We are optimistic about the following plans to celebrate end-of-year events. Still, we have learned that we must always remind ourselves that all plans require back up plans. Any changes will be communicated. Keep up the great work and finish the year strong!
LAST UPDATED: 4-30-2021
SENIOR CLASS MASS AND COLLEGE T-SHIRT DAY
THURSDAY, APRIL 29
SENIOR FINAL EXAMS
MAY 12 - 14 AND 17
SENIOR LAST DAY OF SCHOOL
SENIOR BREAKFAST, MASS AND PAINTING OF HOBAN LETTERS
TUESDAY, MAY 18
- Seniors will have breakfast at 8:30 a.m. in Foley Commons
We can only accommodate the current seniors and their alumni parents at this time. We will adhere to normal social distancing as well as required masks inside the building. Alumni parents of current students will need to RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The class video will be shown at 9:30 a.m. in Barry Gym
- Mass will begin approximately at 10:30 a.m.
- Only parents who are Hoban alumni will be welcome at the breakfast.
- There will be no visitors at Mass due to space restrictions
- Gentlemen should be clean-shaven and wear dress pants, shirts and ties, and no earring. Ladies should dress in modest dresses or attire. All students must wear dress shoes – no exceptions!
BACCALAUREATE MASS AND COMMENCEMENT
Sunday, May 23
Baccalaureate Mass and Commencement will take place on Sunday, May 23 at 10:30 a.m. at Akron Civic Theatre. Two tickets per family will be available, and the event will be livestreamed by a professional media company associated with the Theatre for extended family and friends.
- 10:30 a.m. at Akron Civic Theatre, 182 S. Main Street, Akron
- Students may begin checking in at 9:45 a.m.
- All academic, disciplinary, financial and other obligations must be met for a student to participate in the graduation ceremonies
- Caps and gowns will be distributed on May 18 to those who have satisfied all obligations. Caps and gowns may not be modified or marked up in any way. Additional cords or stoles besides the ones already provided by Hoban may not be added to a student’s cap and gown
- Gentlemen should be clean-shaven and wear dress pants, shirts and ties. No earrings. Ladies should dress in modest dresses. All students must wear dress shoes – no exceptions!
CAP AND GOWN DISTRIBUTION
- Provided all graduation requirements have been met, students may pick up their cap and gown on Tuesday, May 18 after the seniors' final Mass
- Students in danger of failing a required course will not receive their cap and gown until course requirements have been met
- All tuition and fees must be paid in full through the Business Office by May 7
- Student iPads must be turned in along with the lightning to USB cable and the big brick power adapter.
- If the iPad is not in working condition or the screen is cracked, a fee will be charged to repair it
- If the cord and adapter do not charge the iPad, a fee will be charged to replace it
- All textbooks and supplemental books must be turned in to the proper teacher; or a new book must be purchased through the business office by May 14
- All art supplies must be returned to the proper teacher
- All sports equipment and uniforms must be returned
- All disciplinary matters must be settled by Tuesday, May 18
- Students will receive 2 reserved seat tickets. Tickets must be claimed online beginning May 1 through May 15.
- Students will receive their printed graduation tickets when all requirements for graduation are satisfied
- The livestream link for Mass and Commencement will be emailed to parents and seniors in advance
End of Year Senior iPad Turn In
Seniors will need to turn in their Hoban issued iPad at the end of the year.
In addition to the iPad, seniors will need to return the following to fulfill graduation requirements:
- Lightning to USB Cable
- Apple Power Adapter
The iPad must be in good working condition. The charger and cord must also be in working condition (meaning that it must charge the iPad).
If you do not have the original power adapter that was given to you, you must either purchase a new Apple Power Adapter or bring in $20 so that Hoban can purchase one for you.
If you do not have the cord, you can either purchase a new one or bring in $5 so that Hoban can purchase one for you.
Pictures of the cable and power adapter you must turn in: