Pants and Shorts
- No pants with prints or patterns of any kind
- Patch pockets are acceptable as long as they are not black, white, blue or gray denim material.
- Cargo shorts for boys and walking shorts for girls must be a solid color and pass the fingertip test.
- No denim material allowed for shorts
- Hoban polos must be purchased through the Hoban Store PRIME Business or be an approved athletic or club polo.
- Polos are to be worn at all times.
- Long-sleeve T-shirts, sweatshirts and turtlenecks may be worn under the Hoban polo but must be a solid color and can have no visible writing or design.
Absolutely \o non-Hoban outerwear
- Hoban sweatshirts, hoodies and quarter-zips bought through the Hoban Store, Lands' End, athletics, clubs or other student activities and approved by the administration may be worn over a Hoban polo.
- Neatly trimmed mustaches above the lips are permitted.
- Sideburns are not to be below the earlobe.
- Beards of any kind are not permitted.
- Students are to be clean-shaven.
- Nose rings or facial piercings of any kind outside the ear are not permitted.
- Girls: Earrings are limited to a maximum of three in each ear.
- Boys: Earrings are not permitted. Band-aids may not cover nor clear plastic studs be used to disguise piercings.
- Hair must be neat and clean at at al times.
- Moderate, naturally occurring highlights are permitted and must occur throughout the hair.
- Two-toned hairstyles and non-naturally occurring colors are not permitted.
- Boys: Hair must be no longer than collar length.
Addressing the Hoban Dress Code Policy
- Teacher or administrator will notify the student of the dress code violation.
- Teacher or administrator will give the student one half pf the dress code infraction documentation.
- Teacher or administrator will place the other half of the dress code documentation in the dean's mailbox.
- Not wearing a Hoban polo: Write the student a dress code violation slip and send the student to the central office to retrieve a polo.
- Wearing non-Hoban outerwear or a boy wearing earrings. Ask the student to remove the outerwear or earrings and give it to you. Write the student a dress code violation slip. Bring the other half of the slip and the non-Hoban outerwear or earrings to the central office by the end of the school day. Do not give it back to the student.
- Patch-pocket pants: Write the student a dress code violation slip. If it is the second offense, send the student to the central office.
- Shaving: Write the student an office detention slip and sent the student to the central office to shave immediately or with five minutes remaining in class.