Pants and Shorts
- No pants with prints or patterns of any kind
- No external patch pockets or stitching that gives the appearance of patch pockets
- Cargo shorts for men and walking shorts for women must be navy or khaki and pass the fingertip test.
- Hoban polos must be purchased through the Hoban Store or the S-Group or be an approved athletic or club polo.
- Polo is to be worn at all times.
- Long-sleeve T-shirts, sweatshirts and turtlenecks may be worn under the Hoban polo but must be a solid color and can have no visible writing or design.
Absolutely no non-Hoban outerwear
- Hoban sweatshirts, hoodies and quarter-zips bought through the Hoban Store, Lands' End, athletics, clubs or other student activities and approved by the administration may be worn over a Hoban polo.
- Neatly trimmed mustaches above the lips are permitted.
- Sideburns are not to be below the earlobe.
- Beards of any kind are not permitted.
- Students are to be clean-shaven.
- Nose rings or facial piercings of any kind outside the ear are not permitted.
- Girls: Earrings are limited to a maximum of three in each ear.
- Boys: Earrings are not permitted. Band-aids may not cover nor clear plastic studs be used to disguise piercings.
- Hair must be neat and clean at at al times.
- Moderate, naturally occurring highlights are permitted and must occur throughout the hair.
- Two-toned hairstyles and non-naturally occurring colors are not permitted.
- Boys: Hair must be no longer than collar length.
Addressing the Hoban Dress Code Policy
- Teacher or administrator will notify the student of the dress code violation.
- Teacher or administrator will give the student one half pf the dress code infraction documentation.
- Teacher or administrator will place the other half of the dress code documentation in the dean's mailbox.
- Not wearing a Hoban polo: Write the student a dress code violation slip and send the student to the central office to retrieve a polo.
- Wearing non-Hoban outerwear or a boy wearing earrings. Ask the student to remove the outerwear or earrings and give it to you. Write the student a dress code violation slip. Bring the other half of the slip and the outerwear or earrings to the central office by the end of the school day. Do not give it back to the student.
- Patch-pocket pants: Write the student a dress code violation slip. If it is the second offense, send the student to the central office.
- Shaving: Write the student a dress code violation slip and sent the student to the central office to shave immediately or with five minutes remaining in class.