Christian service allows students to witness and participate in the building of Christ's kingdom. It empowers students to be faithful to our Holy Cross tradition that calls us to develop "the competence to see and the courage to act." Thus our service must directly serve the poor and the vulnerable.
Christian Service Project
The Christian Service project is a graduation requirement in the Religious Studies curriculum. Each student is required to complete the hours of service specified below for each year of attendance. Reflection is an integral part of the service experience. As such, students participate in a multiple day writing, reflection and sharing program along with the other members of their religion classes in March.
The guidelines for the Christian service hour program have been temporarily changed and will be in effect for the 2020-21 school year only.
- Monday, Jan. 4, 2021: Students must have half of their Christian service hours completed and logged in x2VOL.
- Friday, March 5, 2021: Christian service hours due. All hours must be logged in x2VOL by this date.
- Christian service hours are a yearly requirement for a student to be promoted to the next grade and to graduate.
- For this year only, students may complete any combination of Community Service Hours and/or Family Service Hours. Because of this change, you will not be required to submit a preapproval form this year. Please log Christian service hours on x2VOL as you complete them. Hours logged must be reasonable in relation to the service performed.
- Christian service hours must be logged in x2VOL.
- Returning students will use their existing x2VOL account to log hours. Incoming freshmen and transfer students will have an account created for them and they will need to register on the site.
The following letters outline the Christian service hour program for the 2020-21 school year.
Contact Mr. Chris Fahey with any questions.
Christian Service Requirements
|Credit||Pass / Fail||Pass / Fail||Pass / Fail||Pass / Fail|