Liturgy and Sacraments
Along with the Universal Church, we recognize that the Eucharist is the source from which all that we do comes and the summit to which all that we do goes. As a Catholic high school, we gather together around the table of the Lord and share this belief.
|Adoration||Monday||7:30 - 7:50 a.m.||Holy Cross Chapel|
|Mass||Tuesday and Friday||7:20 - 7:45 a.m.||Holy Cross Chapel|
|Rosary||Thursday||7:30 - 7:50 a.m.||Holy Cross Chapel|
The following liturgies are celebrated each year:
- Opening School Liturgy: Celebrated on or near Sept. 15, the Solemnity of Our Lady of Sorrows, patronal feast of the Congregation of Holy Cross. Includes the commissioning of new Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion.
- Mass in the month of October: Celebration of the Hoban community
- November 1: All Saints Day
- Dec. 8, the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception
- Ash Wednesday, the first day of Lent
- March 19, the Solemnity of St. Joseph, patron of the Brothers of Holy Cross
- Memorial of Blessed Basil Moreau, founder of the Congregation of Holy Cross
- Senior Mass, celebrated on the seniors' last day of school
- Baccalaureate Mass, celebrated in conjunction with the graduation ceremony at the Akron Civic Theatre
For the further spiritual development of students and faculty, Mass is celebrated every Wednesday and Friday morning at 7:20 a.m. in Holy Cross Chapel, located in the Maynard Family Center for Spiritual Formation. A Mass is celebrated on each of the class retreat days.
AT THIS TIME, ALL WORSHIP SERVICES ARE OPEN ONLY TO STUDENTS, EMPLOYEES, BROTHERS OF HOLY CROSS AND THE CELEBRANT.