Canvas Learning Management System
Hoban has adopted Canvas, a Learning Management System (LMS). Canvas is an easy-to-use, cloud-based LMS that will enhance your student’s learning experience at Hoban and help him or her to be college and career ready. Canvas connects all the digital tools and resources teachers use into one simple place.
Parents have rights as an observer to their child’s Canvas account and are able to see what their child sees when they are logged into Canvas. Students will need to provide parents with their Canvas username and password in order to complete the setup process. You can also use Enrolling as a Parent Observer in the Canvas Guide. The Guide also includes how to observe multiple students in the same account.
There are guides available on the Canvas website to provide assistance in navigating the site:https://community.canvaslms.com/community/answers/guides.
In addition, parents can download the Canvas Parent app from the Apple App Store or from Google Play.
Questions about Canvas can be emailed Tom Hottinger, Hoban’s Technology Integration Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Canvas login page for students and parents
- Introductory letter to parents about Canvas LMS
- Enrolling as a parent observer
- Letter to parents about No VPN (Virtual Private Network)
- Video showing how to create a parent account in Canvas
- Video showing how to log in to Canvas on your iPad.
- Video showing how students submit files electronically in Canvas