Scholarship and Financial Assistance Opportunities
We are committed to making a Hoban education accessible to all students. To be considered for financial assistance, families must first complete the FACTS Aid Assessment Application by June 1, 2021.
Scholarships for Current Students
- The Spitalieri Family Italian-American Scholarship: Three $1000 Scholarships for students of Italian heritage*
- The Ancient Order of Hibernians, Mark Heffernan Division Scholarships: Two $2,500 Scholarships for students with Irish heritage*
- The Stype Family Math and Science Scholarships: Multiple scholarships of varying amounts available to sophomores, juniors and seniors who excel in math and science and will be pursuing careers in those fields**
**If you are applying for the Math and Science scholarship you must include a list of Math and Science courses taken to date and the grades received in those classes.
The application deadline was Friday, Oct. 2, 2020.
Scholarship Recipients will be announced in November.
Ohio EdChoice Scholarship Program
On April 3, 2020, the ODE came out with final decisions on changes to the EdChoice program. Three important documents are below:
- How does EdChoice work today?
- 2020-21 Designated School List (no changes)
- 2019-20 Designated School List - student's designated schools have to be on both lists in order for them to be eligible for the scholarship.
The Ohio Department of Education (ODE) has made updates to the EdChoice Scholarship Program that will affect many of our currently enrolled students. The EdChoice Scholarship for high school students is a $6,000/year scholarship and covers tuition costs only.
- Students in grades 8, 9, 10 and 11 who would have been assigned to one those high schools that appear on both the 2019-20 and 2020-21 designated schools lists and currently attend Hoban may be eligible to apply for the EdChoice Scholarship.
Families that qualify for low income status, defined by ODE as 200 percent and below the Federal Poverty Guidelines, are not required to pay any additional tuition. Families that do not qualify for low income status are required to pay any tuition not covered by the EdChoice Scholarship, but may seek financial assistance from Hoban by completing the online FACTS Aid Assessment Application.
Learn more below.
Financial Assistance Deadlines
Applications due for current students who wish to receive a scholarship AND students who would like to renew a scholarship they already receive.
Families must complete the online FACTS Aid Assessment Application.
EdChoice Scholarship applications are due to the Hoban Business Office.
Income Verification due to the State to qualify for the traditional and expansion Ohio EdChoice Scholarship Programs.